In this episode of the Wealthy Woman Lawyer® podcast, I welcome Merit Kahn, CEO of SELLect Sales Development, author, and co-host of The Smarter Sales Show podcast. For over 20 years, Merit has worked with salespeople, entrepreneurs, professionals, and sales teams, teaching them how to stop selling and start getting SELLected by their ideal clients. As attorneys, we all know that if a sale isn’t made, business doesn’t happen! So, Merit’s here to help us reframe our mindset around sales so we can bring in more clients, increase our sales, and help more people.
Listen in as Merit and I discuss…
- Merit’s background in sales, and the unique philosophy behind SELLect Sales.
- The fundamentals of a sales conversation for selling legal services.
- The secret to a great initial consultation with prospective legal clients.
- How to avoid giving free legal advice
- Four magic words that transform sales conversations.
- How to shift your mindset around sales so you can feel confident in talking about your services and sharing your fees.
- How to use Merit’s “Open for Business Framework” to facilitate successful sales and business development conversations.
- What to do if a client is shocked by your fees.
- And much more
“The first step to a closed deal is always an open mind. You’ll never get anywhere in the conversation until you open their mind to a possibility first.” – Merit Kahn
The Wealthy Woman Lawyer® Podcast is sponsored by Wealthy Woman Lawyer.® We help women law firm owners scale their law firm businesses to and thru $1M in gross annual revenue with total ease so they can fully fund—and still have time to enjoy—the lifestyle of their dreams! If you want to know more, visit our website at www.wealthywomanlawyer.com
or follow us on Instagram @wealthywomanlawyer. Also, you are invited to join our free Facebook group, Wealthy Woman Lawyer. See you on the inside!