As an attorney, it’s easy to believe you don’t need help when it comes to understanding the intricacies of employment law. But even lawyers sometimes need employment attorneys, particularly if you are scaling and growing your law firm business and hiring new team members.
In this episode of Wealthy Woman Lawyer®, Karly Wannos, a Florida employment lawyer and founder of Wannos Law Firm in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, is Davina’s guest. Wannos Law Firm helps business and HR professionals take preventative steps to boost employee retention, navigate tricky issues in employment law, and avoid exposure to wrongful termination lawsuits.
You won’t want to miss this episode as Karly outlines the benefits of hiring an employment lawyer, when to implement employment contracts, how to identify an independent contractor versus an employee, and her advice for avoiding termination missteps that can expose you to future legal troubles.
- Why even law firms need employment attorneys and the benefits of having one on call
- What a termination checklist should include and its impact on the employer-employee relationship
- When you should consider implementing employment contracts and some provisions to include in them
- Karly’s thoughts on employee retention and how to avoid missteps during the hiring process
- Guidelines for identifying whether a new hire is an independent contractor or an employee (plus why it is SO important to have independent contractor agreements)
- The importance of training your team on employment laws as you grow your law firm
- The employment documentation you don’t want to forget no matter what
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Visit Karly Wannos’ website: www.wannoslaw.com
- The Employment Experience Podcast™: www.karlywannos.com/podcast
- Download The Employer’s Termination Checklist
- Employment Courses for HR & Managers
- Email Karly: email@example.com
- 3 Stages from Law Firm Solo to CEO – https://go.wealthywomanlawyer.com/training
- Connect with us on Instagram
- Join our free Facebook community
- Show our sponsor, NoBull Marketing, some love.
- Schedule an appointment with NoBull Marketing.
- Reach out to Optimize My Firm
- Visit our sponsor- Gavel.io!
Note: Wealthy Woman Lawyer® may have an affiliate relationship with the podcast sponsors and be compensated for referrals.