On this episode of Wealthy Woman Lawyer®, Davina interviews attorney Rachel King, a veteran, entrepreneur, wife, mother, triathlete, ultra-marathoner, and yogi. Rachel founded King Law Firm in 2014, focusing on litigation in elder abuse, undue influence, family law, conservatorships, guardianships, and will and trust contests.
Join Davina as she and Rachel explore her early exposure to the legal field through her father, the life experiences that helped her get through law school, and the law firm she started with just $1,800. Plus, listen in as they discuss the reason Rachel decided to intentionally shrink the size of her law firm team after scaling up for years. (You are going to love this story!)
- Rachel King’s areas of law practice and why she loves litigation.
- The unplanned detour Rachel took before attending college and law school.
- How Rachel decided to begin her own law firm and what she did with her initial $1,800 capital investment.
- The grassroots solo marketing campaign she used to bring in business initially.
- Rachel’s father’s advice to her as she entered the legal field and her determination to be authentic.
- Avoiding burnout, finding work-life balance, and the pivot that caused her to rethink how she practices law.
- Balancing hiring staff with profitability.
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Visit King Law Firm’s website: thelawyerking.com
- Connect with Rachel King on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/thelawyerking
- King Law Firm on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheLawyerKing
- Find Rachel King on Instagram: www.instagram.com/thelawyerking
- Connect with Rachel on TikTok: www.tiktok.com/@thelawyerking
- Visit our website: www.wealthywomanlawyer.com
- Connect with us on Instagram
- Join our free Facebook community
- Reach out to Optimize My Firm