In this episode of the Wealthy Woman Lawyer® podcast, I welcome Ingela Onstad, licensed psychotherapist, professional opera singer, and Performance Anxiety Coach for performing artists and professionals who are in the public eye. Her coaching business, Courageous Artistry, supports high-performing individuals in their quest to perform at the top of their abilities when in front of the public by working on skills to target voice, body, anxiety management, and mindset.
So, why are we having an opera singer on the Wealthy Woman Lawyer® podcast? Well, we’re all performers in some shape or form, yet many of us aren’t taught the skills needed to be a great performer, much less to manage the anxiety that comes with being in the public eye.
Attorneys have tons of training under their belts, but Ingela sees that many struggle with presenting themselves to the best of their ability. Whether it be public speaking, client negotiations, job interviews, speeches, or presentations, or reels anxiety greatly affects our ability to perform… but there are strategies you can use to conquer anxiety, mindset, and confidence issues.
Listen in as Ingela and I discuss…
- How attorneys can experience anxiety and how anxiety impacts performance.
- Where does anxiety come from and how does it work?
- Why Ingela pivoted from opera singing to psychology and performance coaching.
- How the pandemic has affected our mental health and wellness.
- How do you overcome negative thought patterns and develop a thick skin against judgment from others?
- The difference between therapy and coaching.
- Advice for people who experience performance anxiety.
- And much more!
Mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Ingela’s website
- Learn more about Courageous Artistry
- Follow her on Instagram
- Connect with her on Facebook
- Connect with her on LinkedIn
- Blog post by Ingela: Do I need a coach or a therapist?
The Wealthy Woman Lawyer® Podcast is sponsored by Wealthy Woman Lawyer,® a company that helps women law firm owners scale their law firm businesses to and thru $1M in gross annual revenue with total ease so they can fully fund—and still have time to enjoy—the lifestyle of their dreams! If you want to know more, visit our website at www.wealthywomanlawyer.com, follow us on Instagram @wealthywomanlawyer, or join our free Facebook group, Wealthy Woman Lawyer.
If you want to know more about ways we can support you as you scale your own law firm business, visit www.wealthywomanlawyer.com/league, or book a “right fit” call with Wealthy Woman Lawyer® today.
Would you like to be a part of a community of like-minded women law firm owners who want to work together to scale their businesses to $1M? The Wealthy Woman Lawyer® League is a coach-led, 12-week program where you’ll learn the exact skills you need to scale your systems-based law firm to a million dollars in annual gross revenue (or more!). Are you ready? Join us in the Wealthy Woman Lawyer® League.