In this episode of the Wealthy Woman Lawyer® podcast, I welcome Kailey Jacomet, Founder of The Lifestyle Law Firm. Kailey has created a law career that fits around her priorities and her lifestyle, not others’ visions of what a lawyer’s life should be. Now she’s on a mission to help other women lawyers create a life and law practice that suits their most important priorities in life..
Kailey, the child of a lawyer mom, knew from a young age that she wanted to be a lawyer. She also wanted to be able to do for her children what her mother did for her: be fully present during those formative years. It took courage and creativity to leave her position as a government trial attorney and reconcile how she could create a firm that fit around her vision of motherhood… but she did it!
As a mom of two, Kailey now has a thriving solo IP practice. She works part-time and is present for her family in a way that feels aligned with her priorities and values. She’s also created a mentorship program to help other lawyers with similar goals.
Listen in as Kailey and I discuss…
- Ways to find non-mainstream legal careers
- What it was like taking the LSAT and interning in China and Thailand
- How Kailey pivoted in her law career after becoming a mother
- Major benefits of starting a virtual law firm and coaching business
- Overcoming fear and discomfort as an entrepreneur in the law industry, especially in a foreign country
- How to successfully launch a virtual IP law firm and mentorship program
- Time management tips and tools for stay-at-home mompreneurs
- Compare and Despair: The importance of getting clear on what YOU want in life
- Kailey’s advice for moms and women who want to pivot in their careers
- What you’ll gain from her upcoming Lawyer on Your Own Terms Training
- And much more!
Mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Kailey’s website
- Join her Facebook Group
- Follow her on Instagram
- Connect with her on LinkedIn
- Upcoming Lawyer on Your Own Term Training, March 15 – 17, 2022
The Wealthy Woman Lawyer® Podcast is sponsored by Wealthy Woman Lawyer,® a company that helps women law firm owners scale their law firm businesses to and thru $1M in gross annual revenue with total ease so they can fully fund—and still have time to enjoy—the lifestyle of their dreams! If you want to know more, visit our website at www.wealthywomanlawyer.com, follow us on Instagram @wealthywomanlawyer, or join our free Facebook group, Wealthy Woman Lawyer.
If you want to know more about ways we can support you as you scale your own law firm business, visit www.wealthywomanlawyer.com/league, or book a “right fit” call with Wealthy Woman Lawyer® today.
Would you like to be a part of a community of like-minded women law firm owners who want to work together to scale their businesses to $1M? The Wealthy Woman Lawyer® League is a coach-led, 12-week program where you’ll learn the exact skills you need to scale your systems-based law firm to a million dollars in annual gross revenue (or more!). Are you ready? Join us in the Wealthy Woman Lawyer® League.